Payroll Processing and WSIB Premiums
This course is perfect if you want to learn Canadian payroll in QuickBooks (same concepts for other software) and be ready to start working in payroll accounting. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to
- Basic payroll concepts
- Add / edit employees
- Set up a payroll schedule for the first time
- Run a scheduled payroll
- Enter weekly time sheets
- Pay employees on the hourly wage and salary basis
- Create paystubs using the CRA online calculator
- Journalize payroll entries supplied by providers such as ADP or Ceridian.
- Amounts (CPP, EI and taxes) to remit to CRA
- Calculate WSIB premiums for monthly or quarterly payments. (Workplace Safety Board Insurance, Ontario)
In three ways, you will able to process a payroll.
- In-house Payroll – Software: directly in a company’s accounting software (Such as QuickBooks, but it requires a subscription)
- In-house Payroll – Payroll Calculator: calculating tax deductions on the CRA calculator, ideal for 1 to 5 employees.
- By Providers: Through a third-party payroll service provider such as ADP or Ceridian.
- Step-by-step training videos with subtitles.
- One sample paystub, generated in QuickBooks
- One manual paystub, generated on the CRA website
- Payroll summary and WSIB premium calculation
- A link to download QuickBooks software (30-day free trial)
- A QuickBooks data file for a sample company (which is used for the training)
The Accountant- Senior program includes this course.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Course will expire in 20 weeks
- Skill level Any levels
- Language English
- Students 61
- Assessments Yes
Payroll and WSIB