GST/HST Return Preparation
If you are working in accounting and want to learn preparation of GST/HST returns, this course is perfect for you. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to,
- Use common QuickBooks features in the Sales Tax menu
- Record and exclude GST/HST from transactions
- Fill out information to file a tax return
- Use the Quick Method accounting
- Prepare tax returns businesses with normal activities, zero rated and exempt supplies
- Prepare a GST/HST return for non-resident companies
Businesses in Ontario file one harmonized sales tax (HST) return, which is described in this course. Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Ontario are HST-Participant provinces.
For other provinces, you collect both GST (5%) and PST (around 8%). Each sales tax return is filed separately. If you complete the GST/HST preparation lesson, you will be able to prepare sales tax returns for other provinces.
- Step-by-step training videos with subtitles
- A spreadsheet to prepare HST returns manually
- Various sample GST/HST reports for filing
- A link to download QuickBooks software (30-day free trial)
- A QuickBooks data file for a sample company (which is used for the training)
The Accountant – Senior program includes this course.
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Any levels
- Language English
- Students 35
- Assessments Yes
Preparation of GST/HST Return